Pesach Pot Roast

Pot roast is my dish of the year - I discovered a fabulous pot roast last Pesach for beef, and then a wonderful chicken pot roast from Rover cottage (the web page I used has gone but basically it's this without the butter!)
This pesach I'll be making both the beef and the chicken for our guests on second night seder, and they are so easy I wanted to share - they always impress and are moist but easy to do! Be warned, they go further than you think - we always have left overs!! Delicious with potatoes and rice, and totally pesadich!

* 4-5 lb Brisket (I use pot roast)
* 2 cups mixed dried fruit (prunes pitted)
* 1-1/2 cups water or stock
* 2 medium onions sliced
* 1 cup medium dry white wine
* salt & pepper to taste

Brown meat in heavy pot; add onions & brown over medium heat; add wine, other liquid & dried fruit; bring to simmer; add salt & pepper to taste; simmer covered for 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Remove roast from pot to slicing board; skim fat from gravy; slice meat. Arrange on platter & top with fruited gravy. (Serves 8 to 10)

Comments

Popular Posts